Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Mother's Day Message to My Son

Dear Sweetheart,

Thank you for my first Mother's Day. Every day is Mother's Day and today was extra special. I love you with all my heart and soul! I loved you from the moment I layed eyes on you and I love you more everyday.

I love everything about you. I love your eyes. They are so bright. I love the way they crinkle at the side when you smile and the way they light up when you see Mommy & Daddy.

I love your ears. They are so soft and perfect. I love your little button nose and I love to kiss it. I love your little mouth. I love the way you open it so wide when you smile. You have such a beautiful smile and it melts my heart everytime I see it. I love the stories you tell and the expressions you make try to get those sounds out.

I love the way you smell all the time. I love to smell the top of your head and breath in your smell. I love the way the little hairs on the top of your head tickle my nose. One of my favourite things to do is to smell your smell.

I love your little hands. I love the dimples you have on each knuckle and I love the feeling of your little fingers wrapped around mine. I love your legs. You have the best rolls on your thighs. I love the dimples on your knees. I love the way you hold then straight as a board when you are stretching.

I love your toes. They are like little jelly rolls and they have the most sweet wonderful smell (even when they are stinky). I love the way they grab my lips when I kiss them. I love your cute little bum. You have the softest, cutest little cheeks. I love you "big" belly. I love your little belly button (half innie, half outie).

I love the sounds you make when you are eating. I can tell you enjoy every bite by the way your little toys wiggle as you eat. I love the way you snuggle your face against me when you are trying to fall asleep and the way you hold the collar of my shirt when you are sleeping. I love the grunts you make when you are waking up and the look of joy on your face when Mommy or Daddy come into your room to get you out of bed.

I love to watch you and Daddy together. You have these wonderful 'conversations' and you love playing with your Daddy. It is a wonderful sight for Mommy and it almost always brings tears to my eyes when you are having Baby & Daddy time.

You are the most beautiful child. Mommy & Daddy are so blessed to have you. Thank you for coming into our lives.

I love you, love you, love you!

Thank you for making me a Mommy!

Love Always, Mommy

3 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Beautiful post, Mary. But you realize he's not going to appreciate the "bum" comment when he's older. :-)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Jennefer said...

I love your new blog! What a beautiful letter.

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anne Walker said...

Beautiful, heartfelt letter. Happy mother;s day to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home