Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 26, 2006

The Year of the Family

No this is not a new fangled year on the Chinese calendar...it's my family's year to bring in the babies. I am the oldest of four. I have two bros and a sis and we are keeping my parents (Nanny & Bampa*) very busy.

Craig & I started the Year of the Family with Noah, born in February. My littlest brother and girlfriend are having a baby in July and my sister is having her second in October. Her little girl, E is 2. When you ask her what's in Mommy's tummy, she claps her little hands and says "baby". "Baby" incidentally is what she calls all her dolls and stuffed animals as well, so she's in for a bit of a shock. My other bro and his wife are talking babies...so we're all very busy.

Tomorrow, Craig & I are hosting a baby shower for my little bro and his girlfriend. We love to host parties and this one will be no different. It is a family affair and the weather looks GREAT! We will have a few games (even the men will play), some gifts, some good eats and a few drinks and some family time...the best part.

It is 10:00 and we have pretty much finished our prep. This is the first party or get together of any significance we have hosted since Noah's arrival and I must say that puts a pretty interesting spin on things. Of course he was Thursday Noah all day, so it wasn't too tough.

We are all so fortunate and have lots to celebrate.

*Bampa: this is Grandpa in E talk. Now we all call Grandpa Bampa and she may never learn how to say it properly.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

What an exciting year for your family. My three sisters each had a baby within 6 months of each other and it was a lot of fun. (Those "babies" are graduating from high school this year.)

My oldest niece called my dad "Bumpa" for years. It was so cute, but it melted into Grandpa with time and my dad missed the special name.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Jennefer said...

It sounds like Noah will have a lot of cousins close to his age. That will be fun for him. This is an exciting time for your family- lots of new babies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home