Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My New Workout Routine

It has been 12 days since Bubba started crawling and everyday he gets faster and more stable. It's so cute to see him venture around. Yesterday, he started crawling out of my site. Of course, no good can come from this as he is usually headed for something he's not supposed to have.

He has kept me a lot busier since he started moving. I really have to be careful and super fast if I walk into the next room. Even with a very open-concept house, there are still lots of places to hide. I am making more use of the "pack-n-play" than ever before. He really quite likes it in there with all his toys. He scratches at the side like he's a prisoner that wants out, but then gives me his big cheese-ball grin...












and continues playing with his toys. When Bubba is not in the pack-n-play or the exersaucer...one of life's GREATEST inventions...I am spending time between the fireplace and the plants. A few days ago, he discovered the guitars and amps...I really need to get my butt in gear and move those, and yesterday he discovered the CD stand...why don't we just get an iPod like everyone else and get rid of those damn things!

It's amazing that the 50 or so toys strewn about the livingroom aren't enough distraction from the things Bubba is not allowed to touch. He does have one weakness though...a tower! I build towers out of all kinds of different toys. If he sees one, he races over and knocks it down...usually on his way to the fireplace. So I build a lot of towers!

We are also finding ourselves looking for interesting ways to say "no". Since no is part of his name, I spend my day saying things like, "that's not a toy", or "that's not for Bubba/a baby", or "that's Mommy & Daddy's", or "ta-ta". I say "Bubba" (in that tone of voice, like what are you getting into) to which he may pause, look over his shoulder with a mischievous grin and continue toward whatever off-limits object he's after.

We are visiting Nanny & Bampa and Granny's houses this weekend...watch out animals!

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cute.

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great smile!

When my kids were little I seriously child-proofed to the point there was nothing they could get into. Nothing. It was so worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home