Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Rat Race...Revisited

Being a SAHM is great. I am really enjoying this lifestyle. I have never been happier or more tired in my entire life :) Of course, this is temporary and I will return to work in early 2007, so I do not often go looking for reminders of that fact.

However, this evening I am going to meet some of my colleagues for drinks and dinner. Don't get me wrong, I work with some really great people and there are some that have become great friends, people I would talk to daily, who I have a really connection with. Since N's arrival, I haven't been as diligent about making time for them (at least not daily)...for obvious reasons. I do miss the talks, but don't miss all the work stuff.

I want to see these people tonight because they are my friends, but I know there will be a lot of shop talk and it's just a reminder that I will be going back to work in 5 (very, very short) months. I enjoy what I do, I think I'm pretty good at it and like I mentioned, I work with great people...all things that help you love your job. I just don't want to talk about work right now...maybe I'm being selfish or childish about this, I don't know.

I am having a bit (actually a lot) of guilt about going back to work and maybe that's why I'm reluctant to go tonight. Of course I will and I know I'll have a good time seeing everyone and catching up on their lives as well as work...it's inevitable.

I guess I'll take my guilt trip later.

4 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

I hope you had a good time. I so know what you mean, though. When I had my daughter I had 6 weeks off. I didn't want anything to do with anything that reminded me my days were numbered.
It will be hard to go back but it does get easier (most days).

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cherish these few months at home. It is hard to leave, but he will be O.K.!! And it will be good for you to get out.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you shouldn't feel bad about not wanting to go back to work or having too. Just think to yourself that you are doing it for your child - to provide the best life you can.
I will be on Maternity leave for 1 year starting at the end of the month and I am dreading the day I have to return, i only wish I could afford to be a stay at home mom...

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

I hope it was fun for you! I can relate to the guilt part about going back to work. B&C aren't even home yet and I'm already worried about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home