Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Now that I know you're reading...

I've become obsessed with my sitemeter here at blogger, like most. I check it almost everyday and am amazed at the places from where In Our Own Backyard gets hits...all over the world. These lurkers don't usually...actually never comment. I want to know who you are.

But there was one I was particularily intersted in...an almost daily hit not far from home...and now I know who it is. We received an email congratulating Craig on his new job from my cousin who says she reads everyday!!! WOW, I had no idea my family was reading. It's a good thing I've behaved myself.

Now if I could just figure out who's hitting us from Germany?!?

7 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

I too have become obsessed with the stats counter. How do you know who it is though?

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Mary said...

I know because she emailed me at home and there is always one hit from this city from the same account, so I know it's her.

I used to think it was me and blogger didn't recognize the little hick town I lived in or something. I get a hit from here at least once a day and I go on my own site so often ('cause I have no life) that I just assumed it was me. I'm the one driving up my own counts...how pathetic.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Site Meter is definitely an addictive thing. I was actually bummed over 4th of July weekend because my hits were so low. Then I realized most other people probably have more a life than me and were actually celebrating the holiday.

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

It's me, your cousin. Just checking your blog and thought I'd leave a message this time. I was very excited to see you mentioned me!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

I guess what I meant was how do you idenitfy the hits? I don't know how to do that.

It is cool that you figured out it was your cousin.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Lauren, after I posted my comment, I thought to myself, that you meant that and not what I had explained...sorry.

If you have sitemeter (mine is at the very, very, very bottom of my home page) then you can see the detail of the hits "by location" under "Recent Visitors" - it shows country and you can click for further detail including city...it's quite addictive!

Try it out...it's free!

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Statcounter.com is better than sitemeter. I have both. But the coolest is technorati.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home