Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hand-me-downs ROCK!!!

My "giant baby" is growing like a weed! He's 7 months (and a bit) old and he is 25 lbs and 33 inches long! You might be thinking he's tipping the scale in the fatty department, but he's not. He's off the charts for his age in both weight and height. I'm sure I've mentioned before that his birth parents (birth father particularily) are both tall people, so N towers over most kids his age. Both C and I are tall, so we all fit together nicely!

N is growing very quickly out of everything he owns. There is some stuff he wears only once and some not at all, because I didn't get to it soon enough!

Everynight after bath, we go through 2 or 3 sleepers before we find one that fits well enough so we can put him to bed comfortably. This is no easy task, because when N is tired, he's tired, and dressing him 2 and 3 times is not his ideas of a walk in the park. So I decided yesterday, while in "Wally World" (aka Wal-Mart) that I would pick up some more jammies for the kid. I got some 2-piecers to try and get a bit more life out of them...with an undershirt and socks, he's good to go a little longer than he would in a traditional sleeper. We got martian, emergency vehicle and workin' man jammies, 6 pairs in total.

We're also growing out of daytime clothes as well, so I decided before buying any of those, I should go through our 3 bins of hand-me-downs (we actually have 2 more that are size 2-4). I managed to find some 12-month stuff which he'll be into soon and guess what else I found...yup, jammies...tons of them! The jammie drawer is bursting at the seams now. The good news, I can probaby do N-laundry ever second week, because there are so many clothes! Can't complain about that. Keep the hand-me-downs coming!

3 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Aren't hand-me downs awesome? They have saved me SO much money.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

I wish I could say the same. The ones we have been given are always stained and nasty. Not sure what the giver was thinking but I never let them know.

I am glad you are having great luck with your hand-me-downs!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Jennefer said...

It sounds like Noah is becoming quite the big boy!

I am in agreement with the hand-me-downs. We have lived on those for a long time!

However, with a girl we are starting all over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home