Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Letters to Noah...It's a Boy!

Day 2: Tuesday, February 28, 2006

After about four hours sleep, dreaming about our adoption, day 2 was a lot of waiting around. Had our child been born yet? Had the lawyer been to see the birth mother? When were we going to get the next call?

After worrying myself all morning without a call from the lawyer, Mommy finally called Daddy at noon and we decided that I would wait until 1:00 to call the lawyer. I like to give myself timelines when I'm waiting for something. Somehow, time goes by faster that way.

At 1:00 I called the lawyer. He had indicated that he had been to see the birth mother and the baby had been born the night before and was doing fine. He asked to meet with us that day. So we made an appointment for 5:00.

I called Daddy to ask him to leave early (again) that day to meet with the lawyer. I told him the baby had been born. He asked me if it was a girl or boy? I didn't ask! What kind of mother was I going to be??? Once again I wasn't thinking straight!

At 5:00, we met the lawyer. The first question Daddy asked was boy or girl? It's a boy!!!

We were so pleased! I asked birth weight and time, but he didn't have that kind of detail...a bit too much to ask I guess. He said the baby was doing very well.

As our lawyer went through all the legal mumble jumble, I took copious amounts of notes because I wasn't thinking straight and wouldn't remember what he had said if I didn't. About half way through our meeting, the lawyer talked about his meeting with the birth mom. She had told him that she wanted to choose us as your adoptive parents! Although she hadn't seen our profile yet, we were excited, none-the-less. Of course, we wanted to ensure she was making an informed decision, so it was important to get the profile to the lawyer the next day.

Then, the best thing happened...the lawyer was talking about his OHIP (health) card and said the card would go in our (last) name.

Lawyer: What's the baby's name? Daddy and I looked at each other. We had been sitting on this name for almost two years!

Daddy: We haven't told anyone the name we have chosen.

Lawyer: Well you have to tell me.

Daddy: We get to name our son?

Lawyer: Yes. He doesn't have a name yet.

Daddy & Mommy: Noah Christopher! (I added, "you can't tell anyone")

After our meeting, we were on cloud nine! When we got home, we decided that we should call Nanny & Grandpa and Granny. To date, we hadn't told anyone. We called my Nanny & Grandpa first. They were overjoyed! Nanny cried, so did Mommy. We told them about the previous two days and how everything had unfolded. They loved your name.

Next, we called Granny. Once again, Mommy cried. Granny was also overjoyed! She loved your name as well. Your second name is Grandpa Smith's name and Granny was so pleased that we had chosen it.

Daddy & Mommy worked to touch up our profile for your birth mom. We were both on cloud nine all night. We had a son! Until we meet little man...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home