Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Letters to Noah...Meeting Noah

Day 3: Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Another almost sleepless night the previous night and Mommy & Daddy are both wired for sound. We were both on a natural high and still running on adrenaline...thank God that's available. We are not sure what to expect today. We had been told previously by our lawyer that we could not visit you until the birth mother had been released from the hospital...her wishes...and he didn't expect that to be until Thursday.

Mommy tried to get some work done that day. I remember thinking this time next week, I probably won't be here. I had a lot to wrap up and was trying to do that inconspicuously. I had a meeting that I attended (physically) and had my Wednesday morning training session with the person meant to replace me...I hoped I was able to do that some justice.

About mid-morning, Mommy's boss came to see her. He had suspected something was up since Monday...darn intuitive HR people! This is how our conversation went:

Mommy's Boss: You look like you swallowed a canary. What's going on?

Mommy: Things are moving along nicely in the adoption.

Mommy's Boss: Are we still talking you leaving in the same timeline, beginning of June? We had sort of guessed that might be the timeline based on Russia and had been working towards it.

Mommy: It's going to be earlier than that.

Mommy's Boss: How much earlier are we talking?

Mommy: Next week.

Mommy's Boss: Congratulations

Mommy: I can't give you a lot of detail right now, but should be able to early next week. Oh by the way, I also need tomorrow off (this was in addition to the Friday & Monday I already had booked).

Smiling, he agreed and walked out of my office. He wasn't exactly prepared for that answer, but has known all along about the adoption and I had been training someone...what are you to do.

Around 3:00, the lawyer called. He indicated that the birth mother had reviewed our profile and had officially chosen Mommy & Daddy as your adoptive parents! She said she liked that we seemed so relaxed and were very family-oriented. That's us. WOOHOO!!!

He also told Mommy that the hospital is full and you were going to be released the following day to foster care in southern Ontario. He told me the birth mother was still in hospital until likely the following day...could we be at the hospital around 10:00 AM? Absolutely we could! We were going to meet our son!

We discussed logistics. He asked if Sandra could be available to drive with us to the foster home? We needed someone impartial. Then it dawned on me...WE NEED A CAR SEAT! We have nothing for an infant...no car seat, no clothes, no diapers. We will need to go to Wal-Mart!

I then called Daddy to tell him the great news! We knew there was a Wal-Mart close to home. Daddy happened to have a dentist appointment that evening. So once again...you guessed it...I asked Daddy if he could leave work early and push his dentist appointment up so we could go to Wal-Mart to get some very important stuff for you. So we made plans to meet at home after Daddy's appointment and get the basic necessities to get our son to the foster home.

I then called Sandra to see if she would be available to meet us at the hospital the next morning and go with us for the day. Of course, she said she would love to accompany us. We were set.

Now I was in speedy mode, trying to get my office cleaned and wrap stuff up, because I am definitely going to be off for some time!

Unexpectedly, at about 5:00, I received a call from the lawyer.

Lawyer: Are you still at work?

Mommy: Yes.

Lawyer: Can you be at the hospital at 7:00. The birth mother has been released and you can see your son tonight!

Mommy: Yes!!!!! We'll be there! My head is spinning, as we have so many things to do...but none of it is as important as meeting our son! The moment we have been waiting for....forever....is about to arrive.

I called Daddy right away...I don't remember how our conversation went...all I remember is the sheer excitment we both had.

On the way home, Daddy called Granny and Mommy called my Nanny and Grandpa. Mommy also called my Auntie Angela, Uncle Andrew and Uncle Mike, as they still didn't know about our news! This is turning out to be one of our best days ever!

The best part of this part of the story will have to wait as "Mr. Toots A Lot" is requiring nourishment. Sorry to leave you hanging, but trust me, it'll be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home